Aim training maps on our training server?

Linux

Management
Reaction score
Sup guys,

I play CS alot on deathmatch servers with aim_ maps and I think they are excellent practice. Any chance we can get them on our training server?

TheHunter159

Senior Admin
Reaction score
The first map looks horrible.
The second map is fine.
Not because of the looks, but the prop's position.
Also the idea of thrown weapons on the ground is bad, you should spawn with the weapon you want.

Aim_ servers mostly contain people spraying with LMG or just getting kills for their stattrak weapons.

But the maps are fine if they don't contain 30 people inside them or it becomes a clusterf***

A good alternative is just playing deathmatch with up to 12 players, FFA works fine.
A good thing about deathmatch servers is that they contain the original maps, which can also teach you pre-firing positions.
Pre-firing means that you shoot to a place before your brain calculates an enemy is there, or not.
Pre-firing + side step shooting = auto win in most cases, because the enemy's brain takes time to send his signals to your hand.
This is actually really intersting, this is why many pros are called hackers, they don't hack, they fuse side step shooting with pre-fire.

Pre-firing is about knowing where the enemy is, like if you know someone is around the corner, if done correctly - he is dead.
The bad thing is that if he is 1 meter away from where you are aiming, you're dead and if not, you exposed yourself.
This is used mostly by the T side because they are attacking or CT when retaking.

RuGiZuGi

Senior Admin
Reaction score
Sure we can. It can be played internally, grab some guys and play it. Will have a look to set up on server, pig is not here

Linux

Management
Reaction score
The first one is really stupid, I just placed it there so you can see how it looks. I couldn't find AWP lego map, it is good as well. And about weapons, yeah, on those servers you already spawn with weapons you want, so this dropped ones are unnececary. There are maps with these weapons removed from the ground, but I couldn't find their screenshots to post them here :S

@Goku: Does it include gravity training? :)

TheHunter159

Senior Admin
Reaction score
sv_ cheats 1; sv_gravity 50, take a knife out, you're welcome :D

I can make a small aim map myself with 4 rooms or so, just to add more space than a huge box, as soon as I finish de_foodwall.
Or, Linux, you with your mapping skills :p Making a map in CSGO is really easy.

Linux

Management
Reaction score

But after I am done with my entrance exams... After SWAT4 mapping, I assume this will be easy :)

Reactions: Goku

TheHunter159

Senior Admin
Reaction score
You remember my struggle with the map maker for swat4.
In CSGO you got tons of guides because hammer isn't only for 1 game.
It's for HL2, Portal, TF2, CS:S and CSGO and many mods.
Creating water for example, you just create a nodraw (yellow texture) block and on 1 side of it (top) put a water texture and gg.
Also on youtube you got Worldofleveldesign and tophattwaffle with dozens of guides.

Stop! Hammer time!

Linux

Management
Reaction score
Man if making fluid volume in SWAT would be that easy I could make Niagara falls... :)

Also ladders! In Hammer I guess you have mesh to add them? In Unreal Editor (used it for SWAT4 maps) you had to mess with gravity volumes and tons of other shit to get the ladders to work...

Anyway we will map in a few weeks :) Though my skills in Source mapping are 0.

EDIT: Found the map on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=122443683

Bane

Admin
Reaction score
I have idea for you 2. Imagine making brewer for cs with plant sites in garage and 1 at "exit". I guess Spawns would be little difficult to make and deciede where to put them but i think it would be great map. If you guys deciede to make it im willing to help :)

Linux

Management
Reaction score
Not bad idea but CS indoors? CS is for open space, and if we decide to make this we will gonna have to adapt Brewer (change corridor width etc). Also we will have problems with stairs.

Anyway if we make it, it won't be Courthouse, it will be Killhouse.

P.S. Suspects entering courthouse and planting bombs in garage to blow up cars of judges which convicted them, or in roof to blow up SWAT helicopter? :D I say adapted DuPlessis map is a better choice, with hostages though. :)

TheHunter159

Senior Admin
Reaction score
You just create a block with an orange ladder texture around it, it acts like a wall you can climb on and it's invisible.
Very easy, also it's very easy to optimize levels for maximum performance, area portals, hint/skip tool.
Guides are easy to understand (written above)
Brewer would be the worst for CS, only 2 choke points every time and 1 site at roof and 1 site at garage? Where will the spawns be? And the rotation will take hours.

SkandalisT

Reaction score
s4 maps are too small for cs. firefax or foodwall wont work. brewer and powerplant maybe

Bane

Admin
Reaction score
TheHunter159 said:
You just create a block with an orange ladder texture around it, it acts like a wall you can climb on and it's invisible.
Very easy, also it's very easy to optimize levels for maximum performance, area portals, hint/skip tool.
Guides are easy to understand (written above)
Brewer would be the worst for CS, only 2 choke points every time and 1 site at roof and 1 site at garage? Where will the spawns be? And the rotation will take hours.
Making elevator would solve rotation :D Maybe to expand map bcs of spawn but anyways its probably bad idea :/

TheHunter159

Senior Admin
Reaction score
SkandalisT said:
s4 maps are too small for cs. firefax or foodwall wont work. brewer and powerplant maybe
Well, my foodwall is fine because I added more passage ways.
The problem with most swat4 maps is that they only have 2 choke points.
Red library, brewer, north vending, hotel, research.
The only 2 maps I can think of that would be best in csgo without adding more ways are power plant and meatbarn.
They both got 4 choke points.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)