Wikileaks - 1.3

alcoholic

Reaction score
The Guardian, Der Spiegel, The New York Times and various other Newspapers have published "interesting" information about american policies.

When you're interested in politics I advice you to read one of these articles, it is actually really entertaining and teaches you a great deal.
I liked the updated one from thetimes.co.uk, but you need to be subscribed to it for reading it.
theguardian.co.uk has a few selected parts of their publication online for free.

I also liked this article http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/29/world/29askthetimes.html?_r=1&hp in which the NYT justifies the publification of this information.

Opinions?

Mencjusz

Retired Member
Reaction score
Its nothing special:

1st. every experts known about many of what is in those documents i.g. Berlusconi is pro-Pution, Saudi Arabia is anti- Iran. Comm on those informations are not secret, you just need to be intrested in these or that region

2 nd. I know how does dispatches travles from Foreign Ministry to Embassy and vice versa, and I know ( and all students of international relations, experts etc), that it is impossibile that so many dispatches were give from one person or even hackers couldn't take them from computers in Ministrty. So there is huge feasibility that this what happened is under control of USA goverment - they have some deal to do so

3rd Like i said before, if you read those information you ought to see that 99% are not top secret - coz those kind of inromation are not being send by mail but by diplomatic courier. So what is in Wikileaks are dispatches that could be found in national newspapers etc.

Summarizing, its good that this happed coz only Foreign affairs policy was the only ministry that was/is playing with secret and top secret informations. Most of others ministries informations are public that could be found on www. More i even think that those USA diplomats that wrote such things won't be removed - at least 90% will stay.

SabbatH

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I don't care about Wikileaks some much... I only think in general, if someones life is in danger because of the "leak" thats really bad ! I'm not a fan of this guy that created it, for me he is an left wing asshole.

ViRuS

Honorary Member
Reaction score
i read many things on newspaper about his documents

DarthGhost

Retired Member
Reaction score
First we should put in wall and shoot Macierewicz. Only 1 person who betray his Military inteligence in book. Many ppl die coz of this idiot. How dumb must be, to write not secret report about WSI(Polish military inteligence). other coutires is keepin it in secret at all cost. omg

alcoholic

Reaction score
yeah im not a student of politics or international relations (yet. i am going to an interview for such a degree to england next weekend) so i just found it really interesting.
But hey i believe that some things, like chinas opinion about nk werent known before, so thats nice. Also very recent news: "Britain secretly promised to protect America at Iraq inquiry, leaked cable shows" Thats why i love this report so much, there comes out funny stuff every few minutes ;)

They showed a report today in our news about how this soldier managed to download all the stuff, so that seeems a reasonable explanation... I also highly doubt that the american gouvernment has a desire to make all their international affairs worse.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)