Steam contact field

Linux

Management
Reaction score
Hey folks, not sure if this is right area to post this, so move it to wherever it belongs.

Now onto the point:

Is it possible to add Steam contact ID onto user profiles? So that, when you post a message or someone visits your profile they can see your Steam ID and click to add you as a friend, like we already have with Xfire. As well to add the Steam contact way in application form (for CS:GO recruits), along with Xfire we already have.

TheHunter159

Senior Admin
Reaction score
This.

Also change application question for csgo asking for Steam and not xfire.

KeYeS

Deleted Account
Well. That is possible actually. we got it like that on our member-list for cs go already. but the thing is... Kf needs to change that... and you need to uhm.. kinda.. fill a form to request this change.. and deliver it to his home.. so his mom punishes him to do it.. otherwise it wont work :D

About the application. I dont think we should take it out the question for Xfire. It still remains as our main tool to communicate and new members should still be nicely "forced" to install it. What i would agree on is to put both in there.. but.. we need krazy and.. yea

alex<3

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Its already on the profiles, you just need to add it (My Settings -> Profile Settings -> Contact Methods -> Steam iD).

KeYeS

Deleted Account
Actually going there just shows me to add skype :D even xfire disappeared :D

KeYeS

Deleted Account
Maybe cause youre higher ranked? normal users arent allowed to show their contacts? *conspiracy*

alex<3

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Well.. then you have to spamhammer krazy :p

Linux

Management
Reaction score
You got me wrong Keyes, I didn't say to remove Xfire, I just meant to add Steam as well. And yeah, I can see only Skype in my contact fields.

Linux said:
As well to add the Steam contact way in application form (for CS:GO recruits), along with Xfire we already have.

KeYeS

Deleted Account
Nono i was responding to Hunter. He was talking about our application form :D

Linux

Management
Reaction score
KF FFS GET OUT OF BED AND START DOING SOMETHING!!!

Xavii

Senior Admin
Reaction score
Linux said:
KF FFS GET OUT OF BED AND START DOING SOMETHING!!!
why do you want your steam there instead of xfire? xfire looks cool there with your soh tag

Reactions: Linux

Linux

Management
Reaction score
Noone from CS use Xfire, and kinda neither do we anymore since noone plays SWAT. Just add Steam as well, leave Xfire alone.

P.S. Damn Xavii, I almost got away with it! :S Now they'll never change it ...

Reactions: TheHunter159

SkandalisT

Reaction score

Xfire is complitelly useless now. Major part of friendlist is inactive and ballast. Those, who active, are not really interesting for me now. As a video capture programm it's also sucks, because require a lot of pc resources in compare to other side programms. Video and screen hosting is also still wishing for the best.

Steam is our choice of today.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)