[SOLVED] Server slots question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linux

Management
Reaction score
Isn't 24 slots on our competitive server a bit too much?

I mean, the purpose of that server is to provide competitive gameplay. With 24 people it is 12v12 so in my opinion it is more of a circus than competitive play. I have seen people buy P90 all the time and rush like chickens, spraying and getting kills more than I did with AWP or AK (no jokes about my skill please!)... It is nothing more different than those SWAT4 servers where you had 20/20 people playing, just to get Game Tracker rank to 1. We had servers at max 16 slots in SWAT4 with a reason.

Also for me, game starts to stutter when there are more than 18 people on the server, I get serious FPS drops, when server is full, it is almost impossible for me to play. But that is not as big problem as the gameplay itself.

It actually makes more sense to put DM server to 24 slots (DM is made for mass kills), and make competitive at 16. Currently it is vice-versa. Why? :D

Also one more thing about DM server. Is it dust 2 only? Because I always see that map played there, is that a bug or intentionally placed?

Sorry for long post, here is a CSGO potato:

Durden

Retired Member
Reaction score
make it 16 player server but give WMs the option to join and kick a player like in swat

Durden

Retired Member
Reaction score
and hate to ruin your post Linux but friberg in that picture is sexy as fuck

Linux

Management
Reaction score
Durden said:
make it 16 player server but give WMs the option to join and kick a player like in swat
That's what reserved slot is for. No idea why we don't use it, but Pig did place it on our server I think. In that "flags" topic there exists a "reserved slot" rule. Though I am not sure how to use it.

Durden said:
and hate to ruin your post Linux but friberg in that picture is sexy as fuck
Still a potato to me xD

RuGiZuGi

Senior Admin
Reaction score
We test dm server with 16 slots because I think 24 is too much. It's so damn annoying to get killed by people that either spawn right behind or in front of you. Will see if it gets better. I think dust is just very popular, although I think we don't have an automated map circle. People vote next map. And sure we can change competitive server as well. I'm at work, so go unleash the pig!!!

EmoPig

Gay of the Year
Management
Reaction score
16/16/16 kthxbye.

P.S. - The real reason is that his potato PC can't handle 24 players.

Linux

Management
Reaction score
Well since you allowed TK on DM it is actually 1v15 so surely someone will spawn behind you :D But that is DM, it is made like that. There is no way to tweak and make ppl spawn in front of you. Random spawns are only fair thing, maybe sucks sometimes but point of DM is to improve aim, not having highest score.

Try putting friendly fire to off, and slots to 24, it will be much better. If you don't like it, change it back.

Thanks Piglet. Can you just explain how reserved slot works? :)

TheHunter159

Senior Admin
Reaction score
I suggest making it 6v6 with 2 servers.
Same amount of slots but less players = more tactical.

btw in swat4 it was 16 players because it was the maximum (unless you edit some files)

Linux

Management
Reaction score
Yeah Hunter but there was no sense to put more than 8v8, even that was a mess on Fairfax for example... Remember, KL server had 14.

TheHunter159

Senior Admin
Reaction score
Linux said:
Yeah Hunter but there was no sense to put more than 8v8, even that was a mess on Fairfax for example... Remember, KL server had 14.
I remember some server had 32 players in, we played meatbarn and it was a massacre.

SkandalisT

Reaction score
With health regen and ammo stashes like cod\bf it could be playable.

KeYeS

Deleted Account
Well one of the reasons we put it up I think was the fact that when there are only few ppl on the server and all the bots playing it reduces the max ammount of slots on the serverlist. So if there are 3 players and 7 bots it shows 3/9 in the list. And that made it difficult to fill the server quickly

EmoPig

Gay of the Year
Management
Reaction score
Hopefully, the reserved slots will work now. I made the servers for 18 players, but 2 slots will be hidden, and only the players that have the reserved slot flag will be able to join once the servers reach 16 players.

Let me know if it works. :D

L.E. - It seems that the hiding slots option is broken. I will bring the servers back to 16 slots, and if they are full, just open console and type "connect 176.57.129.81:27015" (or other port, depending on which server you want to play) and the player with highest latency will be kicked (those who have the reserved slot flag or admin power won't be kicked).

Reactions: Durden and Linux

Durden

Retired Member
Reaction score
good work nigga, should come in handy given our server has been getting good activity recently :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)