Mouse settings and DPI

Mr.Red

Reaction score
Hey guys ! :)

I just bought myself a low budget Logitech mouse, the G400s gaming mouse.

I have had Logitech mice in the past and I love how simple they are and they feel nice since I use the "claw" grip.

I tried braking it in yesterday but with difficulty´s... :/
The sensitivity in game + the mouse´s dpi was giving me a headache.
I just couldnt find the right setting that fitted the old one so I didnt feel comfortable at all !

So today (at work :p ) I googled around and found out that it´s not as easy as it seems to set up your mouse for gaming.
things to take under note are the windows sensitivity of the mouse, the dpi setting on the actual mouse, the sensitivity ingame, the fov distance, the with of your screen e.c.t. ... e.c.t.....

Im a big fanboy of Mark "Phantasy" Pinney and I saw his setup was Windows sens: 6 Mouse dpi: 1000 and ingame sens: 2.6.

Im gonna try that tonight and see how that goes but then my question is, what´s your setup and what works best for you?

So, spill your gut´s, what mice you use and dpi settings + sensitivity ingame ! :)

alex<3

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I use 5600 dpi with 0.18 ingame sens.

edit: ( [old dpi] x [old sens] ) / [new dpi] = [new sens]

SkandalisT

Reaction score
My choice: Genious XScroll.

Simple and genious.
Maybe I'm a barbarian, but I dont care much about sensetivity or dpi. Mice must be smooth - that's all I need for fast and accurate aim.
This one working on me since 2009. Unkillable thing. I bought several mices in change to that, but ALWAYS I changed back to this one due to the new one broked. Even now, after so many years I'm holding it and only damage it has - it's a melted rubber cover of a wheel and erased inscription.

P.S. Mice does not matter much, hands matter more.
P.P.S please delete double post above, my net lags as hell, barelly loading pages.

lemonade

Retired Member
Reaction score
Windows sens default
dpi: 800
ingame: 1.9

Anti Vibrate Laser Mouse XL-760H

pilleman182

Retired Member
Reaction score
Oh im still sad that my beloved Diamondback 3G (sponsorpaid ]:->) is dead... I used to play it, as far is i can think back, at 1500 DPI offline (hardware) and 0.6 ingame COD4 and BF2. Best mouse ever!!! Since I'm too shit right now i use a "Green Hornet" mouse (some asian/krazyfire shit)..... It doesnt even say how much dpi!

Ceeee

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Windows sens default
DPI 800
Ingame sens 1.35

Mice: Razer DeathAdder 2013

Mr.Red

Reaction score
So in conclusion, is it better to have the dpi higher and the ingame sens lower or wise versa?
Maybe it´s just finding something that works, stick with it and get used to it....

I tried the dpi: 1000 and ingame sens: 2.6, works fine... Im gonna stick to it and train it until perfect... may take time but im a patient man ! :p

Ice

Retired Member
Reaction score
got Logitech G500 set to max dpi - should be 5700dpi and ingame 1.5

SkandalisT

Reaction score
What is the point of having over 1200 dpi? Mice becoming uncontrollable.

Ceeee

Honorary Member
Reaction score
That's again your opinion Skandalist.

Others get used to higher sens, others prefer lower... that simple.

Bean

Honorary Member
Reaction score
ye I'm a big logitech fan aswell. I currently got g700 mouse.. simply amazing.

my normal dpi is 1600, ingame 2.5.

Reactions: pilleman182

alex<3

Honorary Member
Reaction score
SkandalisT said:
What is the point of having over 1200 dpi? Mice becoming uncontrollable.
I use a steelseries sensei and it has a button to switch between 2 dpi settings, i use a lower one when im on desktop / not playing and i use the high one when i play and lower it with the ingame sensitivity.

Ryu

Honorary Member
Reaction score
imo depends on your mousepad...it should be big. after u got this mousepad, set the maximum dpi (even if its useless, atleast u use the mouse at its max)

then u set the minimum sentivity with the mouse buttons, and u go ingame. u should try different values until u find the good one, smooth and reactive, with movments that use 2/3 of the mousepad.

imo small movments u loose precision, and too big movments u risk reaching the end of the mousepad, which is a mess ingame, cuz u look like an autist :p

well my mouse is a razer lachesis, dpi 4000, ingame sens 1. mouse sens mini.

KrazyFire

Founder
Reaction score
I use Microsoft mouse 2.0 so smooth how the ball moves under my glass table

Reactions: TBerty

Ryu

Honorary Member
Reaction score
correct me if i m wrong, i m not really in those computing thingies, but dpi =/ sensitivity????....

dpi means the reaction of your mouse, up to 1000 eyes couldn't see the diff (normaly, but well u never know what u do under panic, that's why i set it to max)

and sensitivity is a setting u got in ur mouse (the 2 top buttons), + ingame, via /sensitivity.

Bane

Admin
Reaction score
I have Razer Diamondback for like 5+ years :D this model

Works perfectly and i never used any special settings :D

Reactions: Bane

JetsonRay

Retired Member
Reaction score
I bought a razer deathadder 2013 on a hint by our beloved uncle C and its great! Even thou I use quite a higher sens coz my mat is quite small

TBerty

Retired Member
Reaction score
Windows setting: 7/11
dpi: 400
ingame csgo: 2
ingame cod4: 1
Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013

/.//.beeswax

Deleted Account
I'm playing with a Logitech G9x.

5700 dpi
1000 Hz poll rate
Windows sensitivity = 6 (middle)
Ingame sensitivity 1.05 (normal) and 0.85 (scope). I switch them ingame with a keyboard bind. When I play the scope, I raise sensitivity whenever I switch to the pistol and vice versa.

Ye, I know that's a pretty fast setting, but I'm used to it.

Mr.Red

Reaction score
Looks like a pretty solid setting there Beez, I guess as long as you stick to one speed and practice, it´s bound to feel natural in a while :)

Good to see you on the forums as well, throw in a "introduce yourself" ;)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)