Just my view and not ment to cause offence :]

nickj

Reaction score
This is really a post that should turn into a bit of a discussion about admin on servers. ( I will not be saying who it could be :p ).

Right, I'm currently off work for a few weeks on annual leave and Ill have time to play on the servers throughout the day. The promod server can be very popular and most evenings it can be full for a number of hours, during the day though its totally different as far as I can tell and can be empty for long periods of time.

Here is a scenario - There are six players on the server one of which is an admin, everyone is playing the game and adhering to the objective but two of the players begin to type in a language that is not English... spam binds then pop up in chat about "English only" they don't understand, pay zero attention BAM kicked for 0 mins! The player that is kicked cant be fucked to reconnect and his two mates leave.... server goes stone dead and stays that way for the next few hours. I understand the rules of the server and at the end of the day it makes it a fun place for me as I can understand what everyone is typing but surely there is room for a little leniency sometimes?

Is it not better to have a server that is populated all day rather than dead for half of it? A little bit of dimplomacy can go a long way.

As I have stated in the topic title this is not ment to rile anyone and I'm just putting it out there to be discussed.

Ceeee

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Belongs to CoD - Clan Servers section. Not in Swat - Clan Servers

Moved

alex<3

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Speaking english on the server is a rule, a warning was given (as you said) so the kick was justified.
Im pretty sure everyone or atleast 99% of the people will understand "English only".
Ofc there could be a second or a third warning, maybe tell the player directly instead of spamming a bind, but if they keep talking a different language they will be kicked.

Not sure what you exactly want, remove the rule when theres low population? I think that would cause too much confusion and removing the rule in general is not a good idea i think.

Reactions: LeninsHirn and damn

nickj

Reaction score
Its not " What I want "... As I said I put this up for discussion and that seems to be working.

More ideas chaps

damn

Reaction score
Like alex said, I think everyone understands at least "English Only", I think there should be no exceptions for this rule. When I see someone talking in some other language I usually spam the rule 3 times in a row to be sure that they see and if they continue to talk in some other language I speak directly to that player, mentioning his nickname (because I'm nice), and if that doesn't do the trick then I think such a person clearly speaks 0 english or just doesn't want to obey the rules. You can communicate in your own language through xfire, skype, ventrilo, raidcall, teamspeak, you name it...

EDIT: Also, I noticed that some admins spam the rules while they're dead and their "target" player is still alive. You should know that dead chat is off on HC and the player (in my opinion if he's really new to the server) deserves at least one chance at a warning to correct himself.

nickj

Reaction score
I agree with everything you and Alex have said but am just trying to see if there is a way of getting the promod server to be populated more during the day :)

damn

Reaction score
I see the problem that you're trying to portray, but the solution you're suggesting may be good for the health of the server, but on the other hand it's not okay if adapt the rules to a certain situation.

JetsonRay

Retired Member
Reaction score
im usually less strict when i want to make the server start! anyway after 3-4 warnings i kick, i mean wtf if u wanna do ur private party do it in ur home not on my server! using diplomacy its up to each admin's will, u can be 100% jerk and never move of a millimeter out of rules or u can have some legal room, i personally think that being a bit friendly towards the players helps them to feel comfortable in our server so they might come back again, but not always i have the patience to leave a legal room! moreover im not gonna let a guy disobey to rule when he always does it: if u want tollerance from me, please i ask some respect back!

Reactions: Ryu

Bean

Honorary Member
Reaction score
you ever heard of a saying ''give them a finger and they'll take your whole hand''? It applies in this case aswell.

If you will allow SOMETIMES, SOME players to not obey the ''only english'' rule, wanna bet that there will be a huge increase in the general rule breaking purely because of the fact ''Hey, we didn't need to speak english the other day.. now we have to?'' rules are there because people don't have limits and they NEED them.

I warn the person 1-2 times to speak english and then I kick them. Honestly, everybody understands this rule, some people just simply prefer to act like retards and ignore it.

Sooo.. I'm not allowing people to disobey rules just so I can say ''GUIZ SRV IZ FULL ALL DAIIIIIIIIIII!!! KURWA!''

Magneset

Reaction score
I warn people 2 time for the "english only" rule. Depends on the situation. Im always strict about the rules, since certain admins prefer to start a flame war instead of kicking. There should never be any exceptions to them, dosnt matter if the server is full or about to be empty. I would prefer playing with 5 people who obey the rules, than 15 people who dosnt.

Reactions: LeninsHirn

damn

Reaction score
Bean said:
you ever heard of a saying ''give them a finger and they'll take your whole hand''? It applies in this case aswell.

If you will allow SOMETIMES, SOME players to not obey the ''only english'' rule, wanna bet that there will be a huge increase in the general rule breaking purely because of the fact ''Hey, we didn't need to speak english the other day.. now we have to?'' rules are there because people don't have limits and they NEED them.

I warn the person 1-2 times to speak english and then I kick them. Honestly, everybody understands this rule, some people just simply prefer to act like retards and ignore it.

Sooo.. I'm not allowing people to disobey rules just so I can say ''GUIZ SRV IZ FULL ALL DAIIIIIIIIIII!!! KURWA!''
^This

There are already too many ppl breaking the rules as it is, no need to allow them some more :D

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)