de_foodwall

TheHunter159

Senior Admin
Reaction score
As some of you may know, I've been working on making foodwall into CS:GO for the last past months.
Here are some photos:

Bedroom:

Roof+Yard:

Roof+Yard+Alley:

B bombsite, not finished as you can see, with developer textures, basically just for gameplay right now.

A bombsite:

Kitchen+Hall:

Storage room:

Download link: https://www.sendspace.com/file/xw8hu9

These 3 files in the rar are: the map itself, the movement for bots (type nav_edit 1 in the console to see it) and one is the faction, SWAT as CT and professionals as T.

How to install:
Simply take the maps folder and put it here common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\maps\de_foodwall_t1
to open, open the game, open the console with ~ and type map de_foodwall_r1

Things to point out:
- The reflective stuff on the map for some reason reflect de_vertigo as this is the default reflection
That's because I can't find the cubemap's file so I couldn't share it, you can fix it by:
sv_cheats 1
building_cubemaps
buildcubemaps
wait
restart the game and open the map.

- The train is flying\rotating\doing weirdly, it's because I didn't finish it yet, but you see it's working fine, and at some points it make sparks come out in different areas of the level (effects).

- B bombsite is just there for the gameplay, it will look similar to the warehouse from mp_warehouse (swat4) with many changes to fit gameplay.

- T spawn is messed up and was hardly worked on to be honest.

- If you see a dev texture, just ignore it, I haven't decided on a texture to put there.

- No minimap just yet, I prefer to make it for the last version as it takes a lot of time + I change the map all the time for right now.

Hope you guys will try it and give some feedback, there are 2 small surprises in the map (Hopefully it shared them).

Reactions: Linux and Durden

Linux

Management
Reaction score

Gonna try it now.

Maybe add WM banner inside as well? :)

TheHunter159

Senior Admin
Reaction score
Linux said:
Maybe add WM banner inside as well? :)
Well, in 99% maps from the workshop I don't see any banners, but I will maybe make a corner where no one can access with WM banner ;)

SkandalisT said:
I am noob in cs, how to install and launch?
edited

Durden

Retired Member
Reaction score
good job there! all those times i saw you on sdk counterstrike and i was wondering what you were up to.. good job

El Pistolero

Admin
Reaction score
oh my fucking god. youre my man! Seriously that would be great if we could play on it!!! :D

TheHunter159

Senior Admin
Reaction score
I would be nice if somene could invent a story on why the terrorists want to bomb the foodwall or the warehouse.

I thought about
"A local armed men disguised as businessmen decided to bust in the foodwall, a local restaurant at X because the owner stole many firearms from them.
The terrorists must blow the restaurant or destroy the foodwall's supply warehouse, the SWAT team must prevent them from destroying the buildings and take the owner which fled from the area for investigation."

But it sounds weird that they want to blow the place up instead of stealing the weapons back.
Would be nice if someone could think of something better.
"Bust in the foodwall" must be there.

The fire arms - if you remember the mac-10 from the singleplayer, it's there.
And the warehouse will have guns and ammo just like in SWAT4- The Stetchkov Syndicate mp-warehouse.

SkandalisT

Reaction score
K downloaded. Next time I launch cs, I'l check this out. Gj huntar

Durden

Retired Member
Reaction score
you could probably make a hostage rescue mission and have the hostages in the same place as the bombs in rapid deployment mode

EmoPig

Gay of the Year
Management
Reaction score
+1 for the hostage mode. 1 hostage up, near the backway window, and one down, in the storage room, would make it a really nice and balanced map. :)

Xavii

Senior Admin
Reaction score
Good Job Infarlock!!

Enverstar power plant and that Quick fuel station or something like that would be awesome maps for cs:go

TheHunter159

Senior Admin
Reaction score
EmoPig said:
+1 for the hostage mode. 1 hostage up, near the backway window, and one down, in the storage room, would make it a really nice and balanced map. :)

Durden said:
you could probably make a hostage rescue mission and have the hostages in the same place as the bombs in rapid deployment mode
Won't work well, you can jump through the windows unlike in SWAT4, I could block them but then I'll have to reconstruct the map.
Xavii said:
Good Job Infarlock!!

Enverstar power plant and that Quick fuel station or something like that would be awesome maps for cs:go
At first I thought remaking the power plant, but the whole map is inside the building, not really fun.
Quik fuel could be nice if I add some surround areas.

TheHunter159

Senior Admin
Reaction score
Durden said:
I think you can actually change some of the movement variables with sv cheat 1 enabled. If you do that the movement will be more similar to that in swat4, and also people wont be able to jump through windows

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2268831
Well, that's sv_cheats 1
If I was a moder I would mod -lv (less violence, watch it on youtube) into the game itself and make singleplayer with suspects surrendering.

btw I can block windows with playerclip, the bomb can't pass playerclip brushes either.
It's an invisible brush that blocks players and the bomb.

When I finish the de_ version I'll just edit and make also cs_ mode.

TheHunter159

Senior Admin
Reaction score
Do you guys think this map looks better at night? with a full moon light?

Linux

Management
Reaction score
100% better at night, in SWAT4 was at night time, no?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)