Some Baldur's Gate fans there? (Not speaking about WOW)

ChrisNolan

Retired Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

I was talking earlier with SabbatH about 1 game that I'm playing again right now, it's Baldur's Gate (1 & 2). For those who don't know this game, it's a RPG, the view is overall, from the "sky" (means you select your characters) and there's a large and dynamic story with your character as the main one. The goal is to evolve and progress in this story by fighting (you can be warrior, cleric, sorcerer, druid... and so on), interacting, resolving problems...

Basically, it's not focused on the multiplayer aspect, but it's possible to play together (6 p. max.). I want to be clear : this is absolutely not like WOW and this is older (so the graphics are less impressive) but the stories, gameplay and possibilities are aweeeeeesome!

Then SabbatH and me want to know if some people are interested in playing COOP in this game. Eventually we thought about Icewind Dale as well...

nagi

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I never played in Baldur's Gate, but spent some time in Neverwinter Nights. However, i'm looking forward to play it. Will it run on windows 7?

ChrisNolan

Retired Member
Reaction score
I'm playing on Win7 yes :).

I also tried Neverwinter Nights, but I still prefer Baldur's Gate.

SabbatH

Honorary Member
Reaction score
BG is one one the best RPG games in PC history ! It has a great storyline - many characters and quests ahead. It has ofc big amount of combat. We could make a 6 ppl team and play it in COOP mode with TS :). It's ofc long game but it has an option of saving the game...so You don't need to play 8/10 h per day ;).

I really recommend it :)

SabbatH

Honorary Member
Reaction score
That's great m8 :) Well I know some ppl that don't know about BG at all...and the truth is that BG kicks WOW ass !

Silver

Honorary Member
Reaction score
i should have all BG CDs somewhere ... but dont remember if i ever played it. the game is sooo old.

if u want to start a COOP, im definitely in. tell me right in time, as i heard installing all would take over 4 hours!?

ChrisNolan

Retired Member
Reaction score
I don't think so Silver, but if you want to install the 2 BGs with add-ons and you have only the old version (4 CDs only for one version), it can take time, change CDs during installing... But 4 hours is huge, I don't think u need that time.

Furthermore, u don't need to install all the versions, we were thinking about BG 2/Shadows of Amn with SabbatH

ChrisNolan

Retired Member
Reaction score
Find your CDs guys, then we can imagine to play on friday or saturday... ;)

KrazyFire

Founder
Reaction score
I found my dvd yesterday i think i have 1 dvd and 2 cd(expansion pack) :) but i have lost the book inside the box :*( with cd key ill try some key generator :D i can also upload the game for those who want to "try" it :p

KrazyFire

Founder
Reaction score
oh i remembered this game now it has the best ending i think of any game i played

Silver

Honorary Member
Reaction score
ok ... i just checked my collection, i have:
  • Baldur's Gate + Add-on
  • Baldur's Gate 2 + Add-on
  • Icewind Dale + Add-on
  • Icewind Dale 2
Which ones will we play/should i install?

ChrisNolan

Retired Member
Reaction score
Baldur's Gate 2 (Shadows of Amn) should be enough right now (the add-on isn't needed but u can install it anyway).

Yes KF, and not only the end, the story is one of the best of all RPGs I've tested... Think Nagi could be interested by ur upload proposal if the torrent link I gave to him doesn't work ;)

SabbatH

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Hmm we need a guy who has big knowledge in PC's (internet) because today we wanted to start the game with Silver and it did not work...

Michal

Senior Admin
Reaction score
click twice icon on desktop than game should start :p

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)