Patch time! Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update for 7/23/14 (7/24/14 UTC, 1.34.3.0)

Goku

Admin
Reaction score
Via csgo_servers:

UI
  • safezonex's min value can now go as low as 0.28 with triple monitor setups and will allow a min value of 0.475 with double monitor setups.
  • Added convar sv_server_graphic which allows the server to specify a 360x60 px image file (must be 16k or smaller) in /csgo/ that will display in the spectator view. Supports PNG transparency.
  • when the scoreboard is up, the radar will now switch to the square "overview" mode (disable with cl_radar_square_with_scoreboard, or in the Game Settings menu).
MISC
  • Fixed a crash on round end/restart or player spawn if a player was parented to another entity that was cleaned up.
  • Increased session communication buffer size to allow for up to 64-player sessions.
  • Added experimental cpu_frequency_monitoring convar to detect thermal throttling. If you have CS:GO performance problems on Windows, add "+cpu_frequency_monitoring 2" to the CS:GO command line to see if CPU thermal throttling is an issue. If the displayed CPU frequency percentage drops below about 80-85% then you may have a problem with your CPU slowing down due to overheating. If it drops below 50-55% then you may have a serious problem. CPU overheating can be caused by overclocking, insufficient cooling, insufficient airflow, failing or dirty fans, or other causes. The CPU frequency results are displayed with cl_showfps or net_graph. For more detail see https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2715-YIPD-6873
  • Added engine_no_focus_sleep convar (default value 50 milliseconds), which controls the amount of time the engine sleeps per frame when the game is not in focus.
  • Fixed incorrect material property on some breakable doors and scaffold models
SDK
  • Added a few more location "Place Names" for use by level designers
CACHE
  • Added solidity to gates in b halls and ct garage to allow for nade creativity.
  • Improved readability in B heaven.
  • Improved readability by quad.
  • Improved lighting by forklift.
  • Improved prop-consistency by quad by adding more rigid edges.
  • Increased visibility in vent.
  • Fixed missing texture issues.
  • Fixed various lighting issues.
  • Fixed texture translation issues.
  • Added clipping to prevent an exploit boost.
  • Slightly increased vent lighting.
  • Minor but important change to shadowing in some rooms.
INSERTION
  • Added fences/fallen trees/cliffs around the map to reduce the ammount of invisible walls.
  • Added a small window above the backdoor in the barn.
  • Added a big rock next to "SeaRock".
  • Minor gameplay tweaks.
  • Optimized the villa (thanks to Glitchvid).
Rumor has it:

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/2bjzed/counterstrike_global_offensive_update_for_72314/

PS: if you guys get sick of my patchtimes, let me know. Just spreading awareness.

Reactions: SkandalisT

SkandalisT

Reaction score
As for me, I'm just playin'. Have absolutelly no idea, what is this all about. :D
Maybe lately, when i get some more game knowledge and just run'n'shot will be not enough for me, I'll come back to things, you've posted, and they will be usefull for me. ;) Keep it up.

Reactions: Goku

Xavii

Senior Admin
Reaction score
SkandalisT said:
As for me, I'm just playin'. Have absolutelly no idea, what is this all about. :D
Maybe lately, when i get some more game knowledge and just run'n'shot will be not enough for me, I'll come back to things, you've posted, and they will be usefull for me. ;) Keep it up.

just same as this russian. Maybe because of the vodka, who knows.

Bane

Admin
Reaction score
Xavii said:
just same as this russian. Maybe because of the vodka, who knows.
When are you comming back to Spain to start playing some cs ? :D

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)