need someone who is able to get me a good config :>

pilleman182

Retired Member
Reaction score
topic says it all, I need some help with my COD4-Config for Promod. I downloaded someones config somewhere but I don't "reg" any at all and not as I'm used to. I do remember that there was few of you who actually got some knowledge about building a system-based config and I'm therefore asking =)

I don't mind to read through some shit though but I don't have the time at the moment sooo :p

Would be nice

Xavii

Senior Admin
Reaction score
I have no idea, but send me your spanish homework or something.

pilleman182

Retired Member
Reaction score
thing is, i cvan remimber from BF2 that you can do something about latency and stuff regarding your average ping and shit - i thought there was something in CoD4 aswell since i do never hit when aiming the model. hitboxes are mostly set back, sometimes even ahead. I only notice tht wehn seeing myself shooting on a killcam and i wondered wether anyone knew how to fix the hitbox and shit

JetsonRay

Retired Member
Reaction score
KrazyFire said:
you bought that pc should of got ethernet cable instead :p
U actually think someone will understand this?

Mr.Red

Reaction score
Jesus, I bet you could mine some Bitcoins on that bad boy ! :p
Nice specs ! :)

Punisher

Reaction score
I could use some help in this area too. If anyone help my comp for help is

Core2Quad Q9550
4gd DDR3
Asus Striker II NSE
Sapphire 7950
and shitty Hard drive lol

No quite upto the spec of Reds but ok

Any help would be accepted except for bin the system lol

Mr.Red

Reaction score
Lol those are not my specs Gods, although I wish they were :p

I tried downloading a cfg from someone that Jetty reccomended in some post a while back but it just didnt feel right.
I was having enough problems getting used to my mouse at that time yet alone starting to get used to the game all over again.

My advice is to put all your settings to low and work your way up with what the machine can handle, what looks nice and what works for you :)
For me, the less shit that´s in the way and the simpler the game looks, the better :p

I found some info how to tweak the ingame visual settings in console :)

"First off, you want to set your max FPS to 125. Setting your FPS to a constant max keeps your game consistent.
To do this, open console and type /com_maxfps 125

CONSOLE:

In console, type:

/seta r_drawdecals 0

Decals are eye candy. When you walk around on a map and see trash laying around on the ground, those are decals. Or maybe you see graffiti on the wall. Removing decals can improve FPS dramatically.

/seta r_drawsun 0

Removing the sun wont make any difference in the way the lighting works in your game, you simply wont have the glowing circle in the sky.

/seta r_drawwater 0

This is the same as the sun, just with water.

/seta cg_brass 0

This command will remove the bullet shells you see fly out of your gun when you fire. When you spray your gun and these shells come out your FPS will drop a bit. Taking them out also helps you see a little more.

/seta sm_enable 0

This will remove shadows from the game which can really help your FPS.

/seta r_specular 0

This is one of the most important in my opinion. Specular is the glow that your gun shows if you're in light. This is purely eye candy. Removing this can really help out your FPS"

Hope that was somewhat helpful :)

pilleman182

Retired Member
Reaction score
well thats nice of you but i actually thought of latency and shit., i rlly dont need more fps =D if it was possible, i might even get a stable 500 frames per second lol :>

back in BF2 like everything was possible when you turned the auto-pb-screenshots to 0 =D. You could even modify your head to a little chopper but you couldnt move then :p

TBerty

Retired Member
Reaction score
Ill give you my config when i download cod4 later, its easily the best one around. ;)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)