guid

nagi

Honorary Member
Reaction score
ok folks just a quick noob qastion. If there would be a case, how can i get a player's guid?

ty in advance

alex<3

Honorary Member
Reaction score
you can type /pb_plist in console and you see a list of all players and their guids.
you can get your own guid with /pb_myguid

Reactions: nagi

Michal

Senior Admin
Reaction score
For some reason (it happend serveral time) I got error something like you lost your data and I have to start from 1 rank. What is the problem ? Shall I reinstall just game or there is something more simple solution

Ceeee

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Don't know. Before I got the new comp, one day I was at HC and had rank 55, 2 days later I had rank 17 and the next week it was 0 :D Read from internet that people can lower your rank by hacking the account but dunno. Also xfire showed yesterday that I had played on some russian war server if I recall right. Also the server was in my favorites in xfire? Rofl.

JetsonRay

Retired Member
Reaction score
poor windows ppl! my mac cant be hacked and my cod datas are saved on my cloud so anytime i reinstall it (no cd needed btw) i lose nothing :D

Xavii

Senior Admin
Reaction score
JetsonRay said:
poor windows ppl! my mac cant be hacked and my cod datas are saved on my cloud so anytime i reinstall it (no cd needed btw) i lose nothing :D
now u just need a decent computer and mouse to play.

Ceeee

Honorary Member
Reaction score
JetsonRay said:

uGa

BANNED
Reaction score
Michal said:
For some reason (it happend serveral time) I got error something like you lost your data and I have to start from 1 rank. What is the problem ? Shall I reinstall just game or there is something more simple solution
When you will have 55 copy whole player folder and paste it somewhere other disk for example. When u suprisingly get first rank again just paste your player folder back removing first this with first rank.

Ceeee

Honorary Member
Reaction score
To reset your rank back to where it was before it got reset to level 1 and fix the cdkey prompt in COD4 do the following.

Run regedit and goto the following key.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Steam\Users\*stri ng of numbers*\cdkeys\

Look for the name "7940" on the right. Right click on it, click on modify then copy the value data or write it down. That should be your cdkey for the game with appid of 7940 (which is COD4).

now open the game and go to multiplayer options and enter your cd-key and click verify.
After you get your verification close the game.

Now goto your steamapps/common/Call of duty 4/Players/profiles/(your profile name)/and rename mpdata to mpdata.old and rename your mpdata.corrupt to mpdata.

Now start the game, You should have your rank back and not be prompted for a cdkey.

From: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1250303

alex<3

Honorary Member
Reaction score
not when you bought and downloaded it off steam

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)