Xfire off on Friday. Shutdown forever.

uGa

BANNED
Reaction score
Dear Xfire users - It is with sadness that we must announce that the Xfire Social services will be shutdown on Friday. Please visit social.xfire.com to download your video/screenshot data. We apologize for the short notice - Xfire Community Team

Linux

Management
Reaction score
Wait, this means whole Xfire service is down, means program will no longer be usable? Or they are just deleting screenshot/broadcast service?

Linux

Management
Reaction score
Oh, well that sucks. They will close the tournament platform as well soon, too :D

Anyway, Xfire, it was a good time while it lasted. BB and RIP.

Xavii

Senior Admin
Reaction score
Sad. so the program won't be working or just the social website?

Magneset

Reaction score
Oh well. Now its going to be even harder for the cod section to function without xfire.... R.I.P

bravo

Senior Admin
Reaction score
They want go to esports like esl

"But we feel that we are well positioned to make a significant impact in bringing the exhilaration of esports from the pros to the masses, and we can’t do that effectively while also maintaining the client and social website."

Linux

Management
Reaction score
bravo said:
They want go to esports like esl

"But we feel that we are well positioned to make a significant impact in bringing the exhilaration of esports from the pros to the masses, and we can’t do that effectively while also maintaining the client and social website."
Yeah well let's be realistic... They didn't give a damn about the client anyway. The update they made, Xfire2, sucked, and they didn't even bother to fix it. Plus, their page is broken for like half a year, half of links are out of date. It was just a matter of time when they would shut it down.

What I am thinking, is that we, SWAT players, can make some kind of Steam group, to stay in touch, make some kind of serverlist and clan list as well. I got more ideas, let it be my tribute for SWAT. If you are interested Bravo, talk to me on Xf or Steam.

KeYeS

Deleted Account
Oh well. You can see that the decade of gaming that i / we grew up with is comming to an end. Nowadays it seems like that other parts in gaming seem to be more important than building a community .. having kinda like the same favorite servers with the same players each day and other stuff.

I think gaming becomes more and more an anonymous face since it seems to be a "public trend" and everyone calls himself a gamer nowadays.

I really liked it more when gaming was kinda "underground" and not that much mainstream. When games had a soul and stuff but i have missed that for many years already.

halp im getting depressive here :D

Reactions: Durden and Linux

SkandalisT

Reaction score
Kiehs, that's evolution. Everything sooner or later becomes public and mainstream.
You all know, that old times are gone. We are done with games, communities, player's attitudes and other stuffs in a way we used to know before.
Deal with it.

Xfire will totally die soon - it's pretty much obvious.
Program simply have no future:
1) It sucks as video recording, screenshot capturing program. Xfire's recording is a joke in compare to fraps or other programs, developed for such purposes.
2) It sucks as a store for images and videos. What is YouTube? Like really.
3) It sucks as a social platform. It's just a shame to compare steam and xfire for example.
4) And especially it suck dick as a competitive platform in compare to such giants like ESL.
Xfire doesn't bring anything new to the gaming world, nor to gamers.

Move on guys. Go for bitches and parties, summer coming.

Linux

Management
Reaction score
uGa said:
Any idea to stay in touch?
Get Steam.

We have a WM group, so it is more or less same as on Xfire, just add us.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)