WM hosting CoD 4 Cup.

Magneset

Reaction score
Hey everyone. So as the title says WM could be the host of a new CoD 4 cup. Created by me and hosted by WM. This have the potential to go big and its an opportuniity, we as a community would be very wise in grabbing.

I have spoken to a few people and there are already several CG (Cybergamer) and LAN teams who are willing to play.

However the thing i need is funding and sponsors. Ill be taking care of the sponsor part. But i am going to need donations so we can set up for money prizes to the winning team. It wont be more than 100-200 euro so if everyone donates a little bit a long with potential players we could easily reach this goal. We hopefully only have to donate once. If im able to get some good sponsors they can help us with that in the future.

The entire thing will be run over on http://www.excello.net/ and the only thing people have to do is to sign up with their team. I will need admins who are willing and able to be present during the games and also being available if the teams got questions. Or if there are hacking claims the admins will need to look through the demos. So contact me if you are interested.

About anti cheat we got PB and GGC on our server which is enough. However ill see what i can do for increased protection.

The thing i need from WM is the approval from the leaders that i can host this under the WM name and of course if Krazyfire will allow the WM paypal to be used for the donations or im going to make my own.

Reactions: Ryu and KrazyFire

Magneset

Reaction score
KrazyFire said:
I can do that np :)
Alright thanks. In that case i need the paypal information. I dont see the paypal link on the site anymore so no one can really donate anything. I will be giving donations towards the cup. Also to you for the site and the servers if its needed.

Magneset

Reaction score
To everyone who want to donate. WM or not. It would be nice if you could write in this topic how much you will be willing to donate. Its important that i at least get a rough estimate of how much i can expect to get.

jOe!

Retired Member
Reaction score

how many players per team?

Marlboro

Reaction score
eventhough i'm not a full admin, i'd like to sign up as a admin (it is promod, isn't it)

Bean

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Of course LAN teams are willing to play when there's a 100-200 euro prize lol :D first you should of found some kind of sponsors.. maybe not necessarily money but gear ones. I don't see the point of us donating our own money just to give it away to some random team that wins.. might be selfish but if I'd have spare money I'd donate it towards srv not towards this cup. Just my 2 cents ;) but gl!

Reactions: alex<3

Xavii

Senior Admin
Reaction score
I would organize/set/discuss everything in private and when everything is more or less clear then make a public post like this, or better, a public post with more and more exact info about the tournament.

You wanted to organize some kind of internal tournament/wars which u may noticed it's already a hard work. that idead is already dead? anyway, both of your ideas are good, but they need much more preparation and work as it may seems.

Reactions: alex<3

Magneset

Reaction score
Xavii said:
I would organize/set/discuss everything in private and when everything is more or less clear then make a public post like this, or better, a public post with more and more exact info about the tournament.

You wanted to organize some kind of internal tournament/wars which u may noticed it's already a hard work. that idead is already dead? anyway, both of your ideas are good, but they need much more preparation and work as it may seems.
I already discussed this thing with all the people involved. We got everything set and ready to go the only thing we need is fundings and sponsors which i hopefully can get some of today. Ill post more details after that.

The idea about the league aint dead. It will still happen just as i planned it. The scoreboard will go up this week and the groups will begin a long with more events.

chargeR

Reaction score
Great Idea !

I would donate 20 €, but only after seeig the whole plan and work :)

Magneset

Reaction score
Bean said:
Of course LAN teams are willing to play when there's a 100-200 euro prize lol :D first you should of found some kind of sponsors.. maybe not necessarily money but gear ones. I don't see the point of us donating our own money just to give it away to some random team that wins.. might be selfish but if I'd have spare money I'd donate it towards srv not towards this cup. Just my 2 cents ;) but gl!
Well the reason why we ask for money this time around is since its the first cup (we are going to make more) Its going to be very hard getting sponsors and gear sponsors since we dont have anything to present to them yet. Later on we will get sponsors and money wont be a problem again. This donation thing is a 1 time thing only to get the ball rolling.

damn

Reaction score
I won't be able to participate but I can donate 10€ :)

Michal

Senior Admin
Reaction score
I could donate but Im too stingy like jew so dont count on me.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)