Where is my nick "uGa" coming from?

uGa

BANNED
Reaction score
Too many times being asked for that, time to reveal. To make it easier "money for nothing chicks for free"

Mr.Red

Reaction score
Ok, i did some research... :)

There is a song by the band Dire Straits called Money for nothing, where in the lyrics they say "money for nothing, chicks for free" I did not however see anything about uGa...
Although their lyrics are in a way dissing Duran Duran witch Dire Straits lead singer Mark Knopfler hated ! :p

So i digged a little deeper...

There are shows called "The secret life of the American teenager", witch in season 1, episode 19 they named it "Money for nothing, chicks for free", In the whole episode they never mentioned uGa or none of the cast are called uGa...
Although season 1 primarily focuses on Amy Juergens becoming pregnant after having sex with Ricky Underwood at band camp. She confides in her best friends Lauren and Madison who try to convince her to go out with Ben Boykevich, a classmate who has fallen in love with her, and then claim the baby is his as his family is rich, I found no evidence or traces of the word uGa or any resemblances... :/

So I digged a little deeper...

uGa is the spelling of "University of Georgia", where they do not on the other hand promote "Getting money for nothing and chicks for free", with their motto being "to teach, to serve, and to inquire into the nature of things,"
The University of Georgia ...is home of the Peabody Awards, presented annually for excellence in television and radio news, entertainment and children’s programming, fun fact :)

But In the mist of things I failed to find out exactly what uGa means.... :/

Would you please care to elaborate and tell us? :)

uGa

BANNED
Reaction score
Listen carefully Dire Straits before ha said "money for nothing so on" he said "uga buga" University of Georgia password to enter party :) My favorite words during study there :)

Mr.Red

Reaction score
Lol I guess I was right on the money except for the "The secret life of the American teenager" unless you loved to watch those shows during your visit to the US :p

damn

Reaction score
uga buga buga is also what Eustace yells at Courage the Cowardly dog, when he puts on the mask to scare him :D

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vvs7rKOVBFU

Reactions: Linux

damn

Reaction score
Me too, although it's kind of creepy for a 9-10 year old kid :D

Linux

Management
Reaction score
Yeah, but I didn't mind :D I learned English with Cartoon Network :D

EDIT: And Jetix

damn

Reaction score
Yeh I didn't mind either, and I learned English on CN as well :D and german on Confetti TiVi :D

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)