intellectual and intelligent spam

SkandalisT

Reaction score
I don't really think, spam can be itellegent. but who knows, so many things we don't know about this world. Sometimes Spam can be the best option - the only option availible. As a wise man said
"
Spam et latina non penis conina est!"

Linux

Management
Reaction score

Arphis

Retired Member
Reaction score
Is "intellegent spam" a paradox or an oxymoron?

SkandalisT

Reaction score
Is this a riddle?!
My answer will be: swinger party? Three comes in two comes out. correct?

MagnetO

Retired Member
Reaction score
It´s not really intellectual and i quoted it wrong, it must be 2 men go in, 1 man comes out. It´s from the movie mad max.

Here´s a riddle.
What has a bed, but can´t sleep?
;)

MagnetO

Retired Member
Reaction score
Bees got it :) It´s a river.

Next riddle: A peasant wants to cross a river. He has a sheep, a head of cabbage and a wolf on his side of the river. He can only carry one item in his small boat. When he leaves the sheep alone wiht the wolf, the wolf will eat the sheep. When he leaves the cabbage head alone with the sheep, the sheep will eat the cabbage head. How will the peasant get everything across the river? Keep in mind, nothing may be eaten!

Linux

Management
Reaction score
Move sheep across, then come back for cabbage, take it across, then take sheep back, take wolf to other side, and leave sheep alone. Wolf won't eat cabbage on other side. Then come back for sheep. Simple.

Now my math riddle:

Does the sum: " 1 - 1 + 1 - 1 + 1 - 1 + 1 - 1 .......(to infinity) " equal 0 or 1 ?

Try to resist google-ing it :D

Durden

Retired Member
Reaction score
come on then tell us the answer, i want to know :unsure:

TheHunter159

Senior Admin
Reaction score
Linux said:
Move sheep across, then come back for cabbage, take it across, then take sheep back, take wolf to other side, and leave sheep alone. Wolf won't eat cabbage on other side. Then come back for sheep. Simple.

Now my math riddle:

Does the sum: " 1 - 1 + 1 - 1 + 1 - 1 + 1 - 1 .......(to infinity) " equal 0 or 1 ?

Try to resist google-ing it :D
Hmm probably neither or both
Or a black hole

Arphis

Retired Member
Reaction score
When i read ur riddle my first thought was "Hm, does Numberphile has a video on this?" but then i went to not look it up ruin the suprise and well...

Durden

Retired Member
Reaction score
Linux said:
i cant help but feel this cambridge fella's time could be better spent solving more relevant engineering questions instead of playing with numbers trying to answer questions that has no meaning in the real world. And in the end, he didnt even answer his own question, he only gave possibilities based on different mathematical arguments. because its an open question, one designed to make people think rather than to be solved.

Linux

Management
Reaction score
I disagree. These kind of math questions (puzzles, whatever) have more meaning than games we are playing every day xD (my opinion). And he kinda gave us proof that this sum equals 1/2, so why isn't it solved then? :D There are no different mathematical arguments, there is just one, the one he showed us as a proof (1/2). Those 1 or 0 are just answers that our common sense gives us, he wanted to show us that this is false.

That is how I understood the video, and I found it very amusing :)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)