I am back.

Kobra

Deleted Account
Hello everyone,

I'm |WM|Kobra, member of WM since 2007, started in the clan with Krazyfire and Oneofakind being the leaders, I am back online after 2/3 years of inactivity due to the university.

I'm starting with SWAT again, although is nearly dead... I was wondering who from the old clan is still here.

Cheers!

TheHunter159

Senior Admin
Reaction score
Hey Kobra, welcome! we don't play SWAT4 anymore, the swat team moved to Counter Strike: Global Offensive.

The reason SWAT4 has started to die is because Gamespy closed the master server which led into an empty server list.
Fixes were made few months later by DExUS and mark from marksmod but it was just too late. Any new player would delete the game when he would see 0 servers which means no new players unless they download the fix
After that some people discovered "cheating" console commands that allowed you to view through props and some walls (check swat4blog) making the game unfair to those who don't know them.
You can probably see some servers using Alternative SWAT4 server list by DExUS.

Kobra

Deleted Account
Oh, so that was the reason, let's hack Gamespy then (just kidding).
How is CS:GO compare to SWAT 4?

Linux

Management
Reaction score
Hey :) Nice to meet you.

As Hunter said, SWAT4 is now past for most WMs, since several things happen which ruined it's future.
CSGO is more skill-based than SWAT4, it has tactical element to it and it is very popular. That's why we play that instead of SWAT.

Feel free to add me on Steam/Xfire :)

Stoner

Retired Member
Reaction score
Welcome back. Wasn't in WM when you were active but I'm prety sure our paths crossed before.

Xavii

Senior Admin
Reaction score
Volver al swat en 2014, que huevazos!!! haha

We will always be a SWAT clan, some of us still have it installed and we may arrange some swat game some time, just to remember the good times. But what WM now daily play is COD4 and CS:GO. I really recomend you to download and try Counter Strike:GO. It's cheap on steam, there's a really big community, and we are quite settled there with servers and quite many active players ;)

Kobra

Deleted Account
Qué pasa Xavii, cuánto tiempo tío.

Well, I didn't know anything about this when I installed SWAT 4 some days ago... And yeah, I'm downloading CS:GO to see how it performs, and if everything goes as planned I'll buy it on steam and see you all on the field.

Cheers!

TheHunter159

Senior Admin
Reaction score
Kobra said:
Oh, so that was the reason, let's hack Gamespy then (just kidding).
How is CS:GO compare to SWAT 4?
Well, you can finally jump! :)
But you can't lean (E and Q)
In CSGO E is the use key (open a door, defuse a bomb, grab a hostage) and Q switches to previous weapon (by default)

The game is very active, both in the community and the content that the developers are adding and updating it every few months, with new maps, skins, knives.
Few days ago operation Vanguard was released with new maps and more stuff.

You can also play 5v5 with random people on competitive match making, play gun game mode (arms race).
Or play Team death match (death match), people usually use this mode to practice aiming and their reflaxes.

Search on youtube for the latest gameplay.

El Pistolero

Admin
Reaction score
Dont know u from good old times but ye it changed everything mate. Give CS:GO a chance nd try it :)
Welcome back, its always nice to see old members back!!!!!

Cheers

Durden

Retired Member
Reaction score
the biggest difference between swat4 and cs go i find is that in swat, you can play it for certain number of hours and you will be able to go on server and get loads and loads of frags. on cs go, if you play MM with ppl of similar level you will never have an easy run of games. so its much harder basically, and you will always be tested. thats what ppl mean when they say its more competitive :p

RuGiZuGi

Senior Admin
Reaction score
Hej man, welcome back. Joined myt server again for ages yesterday and saw you there as well

Mr.Red

Reaction score
HEy and welcome back ! :) I would advice you to stay away from CS:GO and go directly to cod4 :)
Thats where the action is and not to mention all the mentally healty people :)

Reactions: SwiftyMicvey

SkandalisT

Reaction score
My advice is to stay away from advices, that telling you, what to do.
Both games deserve it's time. And about where is more adequate and mature people I would disagree, even though MrRed's pist is humored. :) In CS section mostly exSwat4 team, which always was demanding to people in.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)