GameSpy dead

SabbatH

Honorary Member
Reaction score
http://i36.servimg.com/u/f36/17/66/82/09/gamesp10.jpg

Server list won't be updated anymore which means that if someone restart server it won't show up. Currently hard to tell how it can be fixed but for sure it will effect swat4 game in a very negative way :(

Xavii

Senior Admin
Reaction score
normal people will keep playing with xfire, IP etc. Just noobs will think there are no servers etc.

SabbatH

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Yes, I already made the idea to several people to make a big xfire opened group where ppl can add there servers to the list.

But new players won't have an easy task to find out how to get to the online game ;)

Xavii

Senior Admin
Reaction score
u can see ALL the servers in your xfire, no need groups or other things.

xfire -> servers -> scroll down -> All servers -> Swat4

SabbatH

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Well as I heard Gamespy Arcade is not the same as Gamespy Technology so maybe the issue will be fixed.

It also concerns other older games which used Gamespy software. People started to write on IGN Forum about that problem.

KeYeS

Deleted Account
Well the master server could be served by community but no idea how to implement them ingame

SabbatH

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Yea, correct me if I'm wrong but xfire list does not distinguish if the server is for 1.0, 1.1 or TSS version.

KrazyFire

Founder
Reaction score
But I think they are 50 games or more that use these servers but I think future is not bright anyway for swat cause I think like in past when game spy server crashed it took 2-3 days for gamespy to fix imagine now that service is now limited

KeYeS

Deleted Account
you can do lists to filter for 1.0 1.1 vip rd bs etc etc for xfire even countrys and so on

And well if they stop support the best they can do is to give domain and code to people who wanna keep it up

Xavii

Senior Admin
Reaction score
Yea, correct me if I'm wrong but xfire list does not distinguish if the server is for 1.0, 1.1 or TSS version.

yeah there will be nothing there to know if SoH server is in 1.0 or 1.1. how will I know now, in which version are MYT, USA, or 4U servers? HOOOWWW?!?!

KrazyFire

Founder
Reaction score
yeah there will be nothing there to know if SoH server is in 1.0 or 1.1. how will I know now, in which version are MYT, USA, or 4U servers? HOOOWWW?!?!
Read raw data on bottOm

SabbatH

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Support the petition ;)

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/763/596/899/help-swat-live/

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)