CoD4 Section (or any other CoD version)

EmoPig

Gay of the Year
Management
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I intended to write this topic some weeks ago, but I kept getting caught up with some other stuff and forgot to do it.

As you have noticed already, we have closed the CoD4 section due to the lack of leadership and playerbase (imo, once Ceee & alex left, this section remained hopeless), but we still kept every single topic, it's just that for the moment the section is hidden from the public eye.

Now I have some questions:
- How many of you are willing to come back and revive this game? Is it worth it? Is there another CoD version that can replace it? If you get enough people willing to pay for a server and help filling it, who will be in charge? We are willing to promote one person to "Manager" (it's the old Team Leader title), but before that we need to see that at least between 8-10 of our members are interested in this project, and of course, that they are ready to sustain it financiary.

Feel free to share your thoughts with us and let's see if this "seed" will grow into something!

Reactions: Linux

SwiftyMicvey

Reaction score
Hello all and thanks a lot emopig for the great topic, am one of the members who played cod 4 a lot and joined this community because of the cod4 server and members who played it too. Now about getting the game back to life i don't think it will work am still playing it a bit but the game is completely dead most people moved on to other games and there is no other version of cod that can be brought to the community because of non dedicated servers.
I believe there are many titles that can be brought to the community i suggest BF3, BF4, WW3 (still not released early access available) that's for FPS games modern warfare especially, if there is a lot of members that willing to refresh cod 4 and they mean it ill be one of them thats for sure if like you said if there is around 10 members at least, I hope we can come up with a new game that regroup this community and have the fun we used to have it before.

Gumias

Senior Admin
Reaction score
Hello all and thanks a lot emopig for the great topic, am one of the members who played cod 4 a lot and joined this community because of the cod4 server and members who played it too. Now about getting the game back to life i don't think it will work am still playing it a bit but the game is completely dead most people moved on to other games and there is no other version of cod that can be brought to the community because of non dedicated servers.
I believe there are many titles that can be brought to the community i suggest BF3, BF4, WW3 (still not released early access available) that's for FPS games modern warfare especially, if there is a lot of members that willing to refresh cod 4 and they mean it ill be one of them thats for sure if like you said if there is around 10 members at least, I hope we can come up with a new game that regroup this community and have the fun we used to have it before.
Yeah I hope we can find a game where even swat4 and cod4 members can regroup in a bigger community !!

BaDTimE

Technical Staff
Reaction score
WW3 looks nice, despite some unrealistic things. (also vehicles stuff, ArmA, BF, etc... doesn't look much CoD)

Since CoD4 Remastered is SP only, I'd suggested Insurgency, Squad, or simply AA:pG, what's free and a aimed to be a combat simulator.

Magneset

Reaction score
Hey there. (Warlord here). Just checked the forum randomly and saw this post on the front page. CoD 4 is not worth reviving. No one plays that game anymore and it will never be the same as it was back then. There are a ton of reasons for why it went downhill and a ton of ways it could have been saved. But it is what it is.

If anything you should see where WW3 is heading. I dont know much about the game but if its got dedicated servers it could be decent.

The insurgency games are also good contender, especially for this community. Its highly competitive and the community within the game itself takes the game very serious. So if i were you, i would heavily consider adding Insurgency to the community, or at least give it a solid try.

uGa

BANNED
Reaction score
Cod4 back pls. I know its too diffuclt game for Emopig but others can handle it.

Linux

Management
Reaction score
I don't mind it being back but it has to be self-funded. SWAT section pays for dedi, so I expect same here. The main problem is, nobody wants it except you - if there were atleast few people interested it would have been worth considering, otherwise it is just pointless.

Charfire

Management
Reaction score
I would fully support anyone who wants to take charge of CoD or any new section but as Linux said, the general base of players for CoD needs to step up and let us know who is still active, who wants to be leader and take care of management of CoD side etc. Regarding server, as long as we divide the cost up, i'm sure we can use our machine that's for SWAT4 for now, but we are hoping to expand into further sections in future like RoN (Ready or Not) or any other game because we have the infrastructure in place to grow.

Anyway if you are serious uGa about wanting CoD section back, drop us a message on discord and we can talk about it ;)

EmoPig

Gay of the Year
Management
Reaction score
I disagree with sharing the dedicated server.

There are tons of exploits in CoD aswell, just like there are in SWAT, and BadTime is already busy trying to secure & improve our SWAT server, let alone handle a different game.

As for sharing the costs of the machine, imo that's a bad idea. I know 100% of the SWAT guys, and I trust them to help us out with donations, but as for CoD, I don't know even 10% of them, so you can see where I'm going. I don't want to be put in the position of asking for donations, that's a future headache that I try to avoid.

We'll also need our server to be perfect for RoN and not put any extra weight on it. We'll have more than one RoN server, since we can afford to host every single mode available, not to mention that it will be absolutely necessary to do so, in order to attract potential recruits and make a name for ourselves in that game aswell.

As for reopening the CoD section, as I said in my first post, we're ready to promote a CoD member and make him a part of our Management, and try to help them out however we can, but before that, we'll need at least 5 members to confirm that they want to revive the game, and of course, they will need a server host before we proceed with everything else.

A troll post like uga's won't cut it out, so if it will continue like that, we can lock the topic and move it to Archive.

Linux

Management
Reaction score
Yes don't get me wrong too, waking up every few months just to say "open cod srv" won't get it done.

I am also against sharing the dedi. Mainly due to security reasons, our current dedi is more than capable of running a few CoD servers parallel to our SWAT servers but also payment-wise, a section should sustain itself (if everyone stops playing CoD like it happened once already, why are we even hosting the servers).

I agree with Pig - atleast 5 members and it can happen.

uGa

BANNED
Reaction score
The most funny thing is Emo's post. I remember when u joined little kid with his little kid shit talks. I play CoD4 since realase and still playing. Im here maybe every few months because here is not a game for me. But I still in CoD everyday. Almost on every server having admin rights. There is GR which is full of players looking for serious server. From time to time I can see old members. But what is most important I can see our old players often like for example Gusten Nar from Denmark. Servers now are provided by kids (not exacly looking at age) making admins kids. Thats why some old guys show up see whats happening and go off. Cod4 now is free and I know ppl who are playing many years like me. Still there is a lot of CWs means clan wars 5vs5. Many clans asking for cw. We had special platfom for that now u ned to jump clan servers to find one. What else. Every cw has rules that moss and fraps must be on. After cw u switch them to be sure there were no cheating. Im asking about CoD coz I thinkit is worth of that.

Michal

Senior Admin
Reaction score
So pay for server and host it. Why you are asking peoeple who arent playing cod to host server lol

uGa

BANNED
Reaction score
So pay for server and host it. Why you are asking peoeple who arent playing cod to host server lol
Im not asking you. If you were not cod section why u interested? Here was CoD section with good guys which want to come back. Lol u big lol Ppl not even engaged in CoD having loud shout out bout this? lol. Find one post when I say sth bad bout swat. Im just asking keep this hate for yourself if u dont get the point.

uGa

BANNED
Reaction score
I tried to gather old ppl but Ok close the topic. If Michal is for you a mentor not my level. It is too low for me.

EmoPig

Gay of the Year
Management
Reaction score
Uga, you've always been a dumb motherfucker, but this time you're going at it so hard, that it looks like you're trying to win the Dumb Motherfucker of the Year award. You can slow down, we're not having any more award ceremonies until December.

How hard could have been to hold a dialogue like a normal person instead of coming here and doing some kind of autistic screeching?

Hey guys!

I intended to write this topic some weeks ago, but I kept getting caught up with some other stuff and forgot to do it.

As you have noticed already, we have closed the CoD4 section due to the lack of leadership and playerbase (imo, once Ceee & alex left, this section remained hopeless), but we still kept every single topic, it's just that for the moment the section is hidden from the public eye.

Now I have some questions:
- How many of you are willing to come back and revive this game? Is it worth it? Is there another CoD version that can replace it? If you get enough people willing to pay for a server and help filling it, who will be in charge? We are willing to promote one person to "Manager" (it's the old Team Leader title), but before that we need to see that at least between 8-10 of our members are interested in this project, and of course, that they are ready to sustain it financiary.

Feel free to share your thoughts with us and let's see if this "seed" will grow into something!
Cod4 back pls. I know its too diffuclt game for Emopig but others can handle it.

Can you see the difference between our messages? If you can't, then I'll help you out.

In my message I tried to explain the situation as best as I could and hoped to find a solution together, and from your message all I see is a gorilla pounding its chest and trying to act macho.

The difference between us is that I know NOT TO SPAM in a serious topic and actually give some feedback instead of acting like an annoying cunt.

I won't close this topic because I still have hope that there are more CoD players lurking around, and hopefully we'll get the brighter ones to reply from now on.

Reactions: Bane

uGa

BANNED
Reaction score
EmoPig your way of talking is just perfect... Have fun.

Charfire

Management
Reaction score
EmoPig your way of talking is just perfect... Have fun.

Uga, I won’t accept anyone who talks to management team like shit when we have done a whole lot more in bringing back this clan, what have you done for this clan since then?

We are all giving you suggestions and you reply back with insults. I hope I do not have prejudice against majority of COD members if they behave like this. Yes, we’re all from swat side but there isn’t anyone from cod side who reached out and want to take responsibility for their side of the clan. We are simply the only ones left to keep this clan running.

uGa

BANNED
Reaction score
Calling me motherfucker its in your opinion "giving you suggestions"? Management calling ppl dumb motherfucker? Are u blind? I still have Pm's from Emopig (good nick so accurate) beggin me for money (Yes Emo I have it) and u made him management . Many times u can hear the sentence- dont argue with stupid coz he take u down and beat u with his experience... but its not good coz when u stay quiet they will spread out. Alrgiht Im out. Please remove my account. Have fun and good luck. Case is over. Really guys Im really sorry if bother some of you. . Im sorry everyone. Again have fun and good luck.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)